Association of Polish Aviation Industry ( official Polish name: Stowarzyszenie Polskiego Przemysłu Lotniczego) was established in 2004, as a non-profit organization, as a means to furthering the rapid development and growth of the aerospace industry in Poland. APAI represents the aeronautics, space, defence and security industries in Poland in all matters of common interest with the objective of promoting and supporting the competitive development of the sector.
The objectives of the Association of Polish Aviation Industry:
- The creation of favorable conditions in order to enhance the development of aerospace industry enterprises in Poland
- The development of aerospace research, aptitude and skill
- The cooperation with universities of technology, which would promote new ideas and scientific research within the aerospace industry
- The promotion of the Polish aerospace industry
- The influence on the Polish government’s economic policy towards the aerospace industry and its domain
- The representation of the Polish aerospace industry on the European and world/ glob level
- The organization and development of a low cost supply chain
Short term goals include:
- to improve the existing manufacturing base.
- to create a strong and reliable network of subcontractors and a cost effective supply chain.
- to attract foreign investment.
- to develop a relationship with other European centers of the aerospace industry.
- to promote joint cooperation of the industry with universities of technology and research centers.
The Association of Polish Aviation Industry currently gathers 31 companies and institutions in the aircraft sector (5 R&D institutions,14 large enterprises and 12 SMS’s) with the total number of 13 800 employees.
APAI is a member of The AeroSpace and Defence Industries Association of Europe ( ASD).